Already our "basic wines" meet high requirements: The designation quality wine from certain growing areas" (Q.b.A) is subject to strict legal requirements. The wines that bear the name of the wine-growing region must come 100% from this region. A pure varietal quality wine must also be typical for the respective grape variety. A sensory and an analytical test is mandatory and is confirmed by the official test number on the label. In addition, the quality level must be indicated on the label. Our "GUTSWEINE" grow in the estate's own vineyards at the Nahe and, of course, also bear the winemaker's own signature: fresh and fruity in character and taste, they are mostly trendsetters of the respective vintage and / or innovative creations and are often entry-level wines in our wideranging collection. As wines for everyday consumption, they offer a very good price-performance ratio.
LAGENWEINE (VINEYARD SITES WINES)
These unique wines are the best and most characteristic products from our best vineyards and they are shaped by the best geographic locations and parcels. Our wines currently grow on around 15 hectares of vineyards in the Kreuznacher Paradies, Kreuznacher Rosenberg and Kreuznacher Kronenberg vineyards. The use of all available methods today, such as multiple yield reductions, defoliation and selective manual labor, are our prerequisites for harvesting the highest quality grapes. The wines of a single vineyard must come 100% from there and it must be stated on the label, in addition, they have to prove that they are of Prädikatswein quality, i.e. at least Kabinett quality at the harvest. These top products meet the requirements of the quality wines QbA and Praedikatsweine. Our expressive "LAGENWEINE" form the top segment of our quality system and are complex, aromatic wines for sensual enjoyment experiences on special occasions.
GOLDKAPSEL - AUSLESE
Our premium wines and / or previous "AUSLESEN" are labeled with "GOLD CAPSULES". Prädikatswein is the highest level of quality for German wine. Predicate Wines are allowed to be vinified from only one grape variety from a single German wine region. In this area, the vinifying process must be. Enrichment with sugar or must is not allowed, an official quality testing is regulated. There are the following categories:
- Kabinett: Usually lighter wines, made from ripe grapes, relatively low alcohol
- Spaetlese: Fuller-bodied wines, made from fully ripened grapes. Because complete ripeness usually requires additional time on the vine, these grapes are normally harvested later in the harvest.
- Auslese: Made from fully ripened bunches; selectively harvested (unripe or diseased berries are discarded)
- Beerenauslese: Full-bodied, fruity wines made from overripe grapes that usually are affected by Botrytis cinerea (noble rot); selectively harvested (berry selection)
- Trockenbeerenauslese (TBA): Highly concentrated wine made from botrytized grapes dried up almost to raisins; selectively harvested (berry selection)
- Eiswein (ice wine): Made from grapes harvested and pressed while frozen (-7°C or 19.4°F); only the naturally concentrated juice is pressed out.